Need An Inbound Marketing Agency?
WHAT’S ALL THE BUZZ ABOUT?
Inbound Marketing Strategies, Digital Marketing Solutions, On-Line Marketing
What do they really mean? What are their differences? What are the similarities? What type of business needs them and why?
- Inbound Marketing – Marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get their prospects attention. Marketing with a magnet, not a sledgehammer.
- Digital Marketing – The marketing of products or services using digital channels to reach consumers. Not necessarily relying on the internet. Ex: Video imbedded into a presentation.
- On-Line Marketing – Advertising and marketing efforts that use the Web and email to drive direct sales via electronic commerce.
- Content Marketing – Life blood of Inbound.While they are not identical, all of them are based on the laws of attraction. Instead of buying ads, buying lists, or cold calling, we are talking about marketing that PULLS people toward your website like a magnet.
The Inbound methodology attracts people towards your website where they can learn more about what you sell on their own terms. Why is this important to marketers and businesses today? Inbound is based on the truth that consumers buy differently today.
Consider your own buying process and how it has changed in recent years. Think about the last time you bought something.
Did your search start with Google? Did you type into the search bar a escription of something you want or think you want to buy? Scores of options all at your finger tips. You can click to compare products, learn more, and even read reviews. One more click and you can “Buy” and “Schedule Delivery” all from the comfort of your living room.
So…no matter who we are or what our business is we must change the way we approach the market if we want to survive. Even major retailers like Target, Mexx and Sony missed the boat and are now packing.
Compare pre-internet buyer with their counterparts of today.
|Buyer: Relatively Uninformed||Buyer: Well Informed|
|Buyer Journey: Linear||Buyer Journey: Fluid and random. Starts with Google|
|Marketing Playbook: Interrupt (cold calls, advertising)||Marketing Playbook: Thought leadership through content creation|
How did this transformation happen?
There are two major reasons why interruptive advertising and cold calling aren’t as effective as they once were.
#1. The media lanscape has become insanely cluttered.
In 1920 there was only 1 radio station in the US. In 2014 there were 15,330. In 1970 the average consumer saw or heard 500 ads a day. Today we are exposed to as many as 5,000 ads every day.
In 2014, there are 1,500 stories competing to show up in your personal Facebook News Feed at any given moment.
#2. Technology Empowers the consumer. Consumers have access to tools and information that enables them to dodge interruptive brands and seek out information when they are ready.
YES, technology puts us as consumers in the drivers seat. We do not have to rely on sales people to teach us about the products/services we want to learn about.
QUESTION IS: if consumers are searching for your product or service, are they going to find you there? When they use google to search keywords for your products or services, will they find you?
If not, you will want to create an inbound marketing strategy sooner rather than later.
What is an inbound strategy? How do we attract visitors? What is the “magnet” that will pull them in?
We have to master CONTENT in order to be found.
Align the content you publish with your customers interests. Create targeted content that answers your cusomters basic questions and needs. Share this far and wide using social media, blog posts.
In order to do this successfully we have to have a deep understanding of our prospects or buyer personas.
- What are their interests?
- What needs do they have that our product/services can fill?
- What questions or pain points do they have?
- How does what we sell solve their problems?
- Where are they spending their time?
- What is their buying process?
Want to learn more about how you can implement and manage an inbound strategy?
Request a consultation today! We look forward to chatting with you.